Determined West Virginia Attorneys Seek Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are those so severe that they result in a fatality or serious permanent disability.
At Prim Law Firm, PLLC, our experienced catastrophic injury attorneys fight for full, fair compensation for victims whose injuries are permanent and substantial, whether from a car crash, a fall, a sporting event or any other incident involving negligence.
When your life or that of a loved one has been changed forever, we will seek the maximum possible damages to replace income, cover medical bills, provide for long-term care and compensate for pain and suffering.
Assertive advocates understand your life-changing injuries
A catastrophic injury may be to the brain, spinal cord or other vital organ and may include fractures of the skull, spine or other bones.
People who suffered these injuries in auto accidents or other serious incidents require substantial compensation that addresses a range of needs now and over the long term.
A skilled personal injury attorney who understands the issues injury victims face in these cases can help maximize compensation. Your lawyer should be armed with the knowledge you need to address issues such as these:
- Time limits — In West Virginia, personal injury claims are governed by a statute of limitations: this means that victims generally have two years from the date of the injury to seek compensation. While that seems like a long time, it’s important to understand that not all injuries are readily apparent or seem serious at first, such as a soft tissue or brain injury.
- Comparative fault — West Virginia’s comparative fault rules mean the defense will try to blame you because compensation is reduced by the victim’s percentage of fault for an accident. If, for example, the victim was not paying attention while walking and slipped on a wet floor in a store, a jury may find that the victim was ten percent at fault and reduce the damage award by ten percent accordingly.
There are a lot of legal obstacles to recovering compensation in a catastrophic personal injury case.
Experienced legal counsel is the best way to ensure that your claim is specific, detailed and backed by evidence provided by medical experts your attorney calls upon.
Our Attorneys handle brain, spine and other catastrophic injuries
Catastrophic injuries are treated differently under the law for a
reason: they dramatically alter your life and often require expensive,
long-term medical care. Some examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Brain injuries — Concussions, brain bleeding (hematomas) and skull fractures can permanently alter the victim’s moods and abilities.
- Spinal injuries — Damaged discs or vertebrae can cause partial or full paralysis, cauda equina syndrome (spinal nerve damage leading to bladder, sexual or leg dysfunction) or crippling pain.
- Burn injuries — Severe scarring, skin grafts, and extensive plastic and reconstructive surgeries can dramatically alter one’s lifestyle and ability to work.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, it’s essential to seek skilled legal representation. Our firm provides a free consultation so you understand your options and can proceed with confidence in our ability to help.
Contact experienced West Virginia catastrophic injury attorneys
The catastrophic injury lawyers at Prim Law Firm, PLLC fight for victims of severe and permanent injury to get them the compensation they and their families deserve. Call 304-201-2425 for your free consultations at our Hurricane, West Virginia office.